The Canadian Energy Efficiency Voluntary Agreement for Set-Top Boxes (CEEVA) covers the set-top boxes that consumers obtain from Canadian Pay TV service providers that service more than 85% of the Canadian Pay TV market. Canadian Pay TV service providers, who include cable, direct-to-home satellite, and IPTV providers along with set-top box manufacturers, are committing to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes from coast-to-coast. With this voluntary agreement, reached in consultation with federal and provincial governments, utilities and supporting organizations, it is expected that total annual energy consumption in Canada will be reduced and annual carbon emissions will be cut by over 100,000 tonnes.
Agreement & Reports
Set-Top Box Voluntary Agreement
The Canadian Energy Efficiency Voluntary Agreement for Set-Top Boxes was adopted to drive improvements in the energy efficiency of set-top boxes while encouraging innovation and competition. Signatories include service providers across cable, telecommunications, satellite and set-top box manufacturers.
SIGNATORIES OF THE SET-TOP BOX VOLUNTARY AGREEMENT
CableLabs is a non-profit research and development consortium that is dedicated to creating innovative ideas that significantly impact our cable operator members’ business. CableLabs also serves to define interoperable solutions among our members and their technology vendors in order to drive scale, reduce costs, and create competition in the supply chain. CableLabs’ membership is comprised of the major cable operators worldwide including the eight largest cable operators in Canada.
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) represents the $287 billion U.S. consumer technology industry and more than 2,200 companies. Members tap into valuable and innovative members-only resources: unparalleled market research, networking opportunities with business advocates and leaders, up-to-date educational programs and technical training, exposure in extensive promotional programs, and representation from the voice of the industry.
More Information & News
Get more information on service provider signatories’ energy performance of their devices.
Track the latest developments from the industry’s energy saving efforts.
- Independent Auditor Releases First Annual Report of Canadian Set-Top Box Energy Efficiency Agreement
- CEEVA Steering Committee Welcomes Technicolor as Signatory, Chooses Data Aggregator
- Canadian Set-top Box Energy Conservation Agreement Kicks Off With Inaugural Steering Committee Meeting
- Pay TV Service Providers and Manufacturers Announce Set-Top Box Energy Efficiency Agreement
Agendas and Minutes from CEEVA Steering Committee meetings are posted here:
- August 1, 2019 CEEVA Steering Committee Meeting Agenda
- June 18, 2019 CEEVA Steering Committee Meeting Minutes and Agenda
- July 31, 2018 CEEVA Steering Committee Meeting Minutes and Agenda
- June 21, 2018 CEEVA Steering Committee Meeting Minutes and Agenda
- September 6, 2017 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes and Agenda
- May 23, 2017 CEEVA Steering Committee Meeting Minutes and Agenda